Radial pressure shockwave treatment is a non-invasive treatment option to address various issues in the body. This therapy involves delivering pressure to targeted areas through pneumatically generated pulses with the use of an applicator that moves smoothly over the area of the body that is suffering with pain or other issues. Below, is a list of common mild side effects associated with this treatment and why you should not fear participating in this treatment.
List of Common Side Effects
Below, you will learn about the common side effects to this type of shockwave therapy:
- The pain during the procedure is moderate and most patients tolerate easily, but the machine is adjustable to lessen the discomfort when necessary
- Post-treatment, minor pain occurs two to four hours after the session and may last up to two days
- Localised bruising may happen from the pressure applied to the affected area
- Swelling is common in the treatment area since radial pressure shockwave treatments cause inflammation to stimulate the body’s own healing powers
- Reddening of the area
- Hematomas can develop on occasion
You need to remember that these side effects typically disappear within three to five days after the treatment session. If any of the above side effects persists, contact your medical practitioner.
Reasons Not to Fear Radial Pressure Shockwave Therapy
1. A Non-Invasive Treatment Option
The number one reason that you should not be afraid to try this therapy is the fact that it is a non-invasive treatment option. When you wish to keep from undergoing surgery, you may discover this option will help you fulfil this desire.
2. Each Session lasts about 20 to 30 Minutes
It will take only a short amount of time out of your hectic schedule to receive this treatment. Each session last approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Treats a Variety of Areas of the Body or Issues
Radial pressure shockwave therapy addresses a wide assortment of areas or issues of the body, such as:
- Insertion tendinopathy
- Activation of connective and muscle tissue
- Deactivation of myofascial trigger points
- Dissolves calcifications
- Increases circulation
- Targets cellulite to help diminish it
- Provides medical massage
- Effective acupuncture therapy
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage
4. High Rate of Success with Only Three Treatment Sessions
Typically, you will feel relief from your issues in just three treatment sessions. Your life will improve dramatically once you relieve your pain or other issues.
Contact Northern Orthotics to learn if radial pressure shockwave treatment is the right way to address your pain or issues. We will schedule an initial consultation at a time that is convenient for you.